Discussion: View Thread

EQ

• 1.  EQ

Posted 11-15-2020 12:17
    I'm trying to create some specially designed instruction on Emotional Intelligence for 9th and 10th graders.  I'd like to put a full semester and or year curriculum together.  Looking for input, experience, ideas, lesson plans, etc.

I appreciate any and all feedback.

Thank you.

Renée Higginbotham, M.Ed. Special Education
    928.537.6200 x. 7206

• 2.  RE: EQ

Posted 11-17-2020 15:56
    @Renée Higginbotham- are you building this from scratch or using it in conjunction ​with Purpose Prep material?

------------------------------
    Amber Woodward
    Edgenuity

• 3.  RE: EQ

Posted 11-18-2020 08:34
    I would like to incorporate the purpose prep courses into the SEL curriculum.

928.537.6200 x. 7206

• 4.  RE: EQ

Posted 12-09-2020 10:06
      |   view attached
    Hi, Renée! 

Depending on how much time you expect your students to have per semester, the size of your course may vary. We include 80 videos in each of our full courses (equates to about 11 hours), and we typically advise schools to start with one full course per year for each grade level. So, if you wanted to mirror our layout for the course, this may be the way to go. This, of course, depends on your implementation plans, including how many days per week you plan to deliver it, how long each session is, virtually or hybrid, etc. 

In terms of the content in which you should choose to include, this will also ultimately depend on your individual school's needs and experiences. However, we do provide a suggested age-progression framework for our full courses that you could start with: 

1. Personal Development – 6-8th Grade
    2. Character & Leadership Development – 6-8th Grade
    3. Unlock Your Purpose – 6-8th Grade
    4. Social & Emotional Success – 6-12th Grade
    5. Mental Health & Wellness – 9-12th Grade
    6. College & Career Readiness – 9-12th Grade
    7. Climate & Culture Transformation – 6-12th Grade
    8. Restorative Practices & Principles – 6-12th Grade
    9. Trauma-Informed Living – 9-12th Grade
    I've attached our Full Content Suite Outline here for you to look over. I advise you to take a look at the content within the courses listed above, then choose which parts you'd like to include in your course. The Purpose Prep Help Center may also be a great resource to use as well. 

Thanks for reaching out!

Taylor Sieler
    Weld North Education

Attachment(s)

• 5.  RE: EQ

Posted 12-10-2020 06:04
    Thank you for your detailed response Taylor.  I will look over the options to see what will work out for my class.

928.537.6200 x. 7206